Warranty Hotline: 877-DT-WARRANTY (877-389-2772)
Customer Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DTECH Labs, Inc. (DTECH) warrants and implies that the Product delivered hereunder to the End-User is merchantable and fit for use for the particular commercial/industrial purposes as described in the Product Specifications and/or User’s Manual. This warranty applies only to hardware and software Products developed by DTECH.
Limitation of Liability
DTECH will not be liable to the customer for consequential damages resulting from any defect or deficiencies in accepted items. An item is considered accepted upon shipment from the DTECH facility or when hand delivered by an approved DTECH Representative.
The foregoing warranties are in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose with respect to defects in the physical hardware, software media, operation of the software, and any particular application or use of the software.
THE SOLE OBLIGATION OF DTECH AND ANY END-USER’S SOLE REMEDY IS FOR DTECH TO CORRECT ANY SIGNIFICANT DEVIATION FROM THE PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS IN A MANNER DETERMINED BY DTECH. IN NO CASE SHALL DTECH LIABILITY EXCEED THE END-USER’S PURCHASE PRICE FOR THE PRODUCT. The End-User has accepted this disclaimer of liability for damages as part of a bargain to lower the price of the Product and understands that the price of the Product would be higher if DTECH were required to bear additional liability for damages.
This written warranty is the complete, final and exclusive agreement between DTECH and the End-User or purchaser with respect to the quality of performance of all the goods and any and all warranties and representations.
This warranty gives specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. For purchasers outside of the United States, this limited warranty is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA and shall benefit DTECH, its successors and assignees.
DTECH assumes no liability for any criminal/civil penalties resulting from illegal or improper use of its products.
Hardware Product Warranty
DTECH warrants that all hardware Products developed and/or manufactured by DTECH will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal operating conditions for a period of one (1) year following date of shipment from DTECH. Selected DTECH hardware products are warrantied for two (2) years. Products that include a two (2) year warranty are identified as such in their respective Product Descriptions. This warranty is subject to the proper use and maintenance of the product. This warranty is voided by, and/or does not apply to, the following:
- Product that has been tampered with (tamper seals broken), mishandled, altered, damaged or rendered inoperable due to willful or negligent acts or omissions, accident, Force Majeure, or operated in an environment outside the recommended tolerances as specified in the Product User Manual.
- Product that has been disassembled in any way, reconfigured or modified without the prior written consent of DTECH.
- Product that has been serviced by any person or group other than an authorized DTECH representative.
- Product that has been damaged during transit.
- Product that has become inoperable or fails to operate properly as a result of a power surge or any other power fluctuation related to the external power source used to power the product.
- Use of any replacement parts and/or components not provided by DTECH, including, without limitation, disk drives, electrical cords, network cords, telephony cords, antenna cords or any hardware components attached to the product.
- Any use of the product in a manner that is inconsistent with the product’s intended operational capabilities.
- Any commercial component that is covered under the original manufacturer’s warranty.
- Degradation, damage or marring of any product finish.
- Any damage, loss, liability or expense resulting from unavailability, delay, interruption, disruption or degradation of network or communications services.
Software Product Warranty
DTECH warrants that its software media will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal operating conditions for a period of ninety (90) days following the delivery of the software media. DTECH also warrants that the software media will substantially conform to the functional specifications set forth in the documentation for the software. DTECH offers no warranty on any 3rd Party software shipped, bundled with or utilized in the product, which may be covered under a 3rd Party standard software warranty. Selected DTECH products include 3rd Party software support services. Products that include one (1) year of 3rd Party software services are identified as such in their respective Product Descriptions.
All DTECH Warranty periods commence upon shipment from the DTECH facility.
- The warranty period for DTECH Hardware Products is twelve (12) months unless identified as longer in the Product Description.
- The warranty period for DTECH Software Products is ninety (90) days unless identified as longer in the Product Description.
DTECH will provide shipping labels and prepaid shipping to return the product to the Ashburn, Virginia facility. DTECH will pay normal and reasonable costs for the return of the product to the customer. Return shipment will utilize the “Best Way” method, and is solely at DTECH’s discretion. Costs for expedited return shipping, if requested, shall be the responsibility of the customer. Normal turnaround time for warranty repairs is fifteen (15) working days, commencing the day after the equipment is received at the DTECH facility..
Technical Support is available to determine the potential problem and whether the Product must be returned to DTECH for repair. This support will be available from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (EST) Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. If the Product requires repair that cannot be provided via telephone or email correspondence, DTECH will issue a RMA number as authorization to return the Product for repair. This number must be prominently displayed on the outside of the case or box in which the Product is returned.
Should a product fail within the warranty period, DTECH will, at its discretion, repair or replace the defective product at no cost to the customer. Defective products must be returned to DTECH, with shipping labels and prepaid shipping provided by DTECH. Replacement products may be refurbished units or may contain refurbished materials. All repaired or replaced products will be warrantied for the remainder of the warranty period associated with the original product or for a period of ninety (90) days, whichever is longer.
Advanced Replacement during the Warranty Period
Customers who want rapid replacement of defective units during or after the Warranty Period may elect to purchase advanced replacement for parts at a predefined charge for each part of a comprehensive Service Support Agreement. The Customer may choose to either hold an adequate supply of spares for immediate replacement of faulty equipment or may choose instead to obtain an agreement with DTECH for the “Advanced Replacement” of critical parts. The Advanced Replacement Program (Service Support Agreement) must be negotiated at time of purchase or within thirty (30) days after the date or shipment from DTECH facilities.